NTES stands for National Train Enquiry System run by the Indian Railways, which was launched in 2014. This system provides the live running status of any train. The live train running status includes many types of real-time information such as the last reported station, expected arrival time at a station, delay status of the train, and time of departure from any station. Apart from the live information, the system also provides other information such as train schedule, platform number which the train usually arrives at, details of canceled trains and diverted trains. Overall, NTES brings you all the details of any train right to your fingertips.
How to use NTES?
NTES application is available for free download on Google Play Store for Android mobiles and in Apple store for iOS mobiles. The app is available in both English and Hindi. The desktop version of the NTES application has also been developed for Windows 8. Apart from the app, NTES can also be accessed through websites such as https://livetrainstatus.co.in/ or www.enquiry.indianrail.gov.in.
The following steps need to be followed to check the train running status in real-time.
- Open the NTES application or access the above-mentioned websites.
- Enter the 5 digit train number in the given box. You can also type the name of the train if you can’t recall the train number.
- Select the date of travel from the adjacent column.
- Click on the live status button.
- The live location of the train would be displayed on a map.
- The station last crossed by the train, and the time of crossing would also be displayed.
- ETA or Estimated Arrival Time of the train at the upcoming stoppages is also displayed. Thus, you are able to know the time left for the train to reach any particular station which enables you to reach the station on time.
- Information about the delay and the time duration of the delay is also presented.
The live status keeps on updating, so you need to refresh the page every few minutes to keep track of the status of the train in real-time.
NTES also provides the option of “Trains Between Stations” which give you complete details about the number of trains between any two stations. Other options include “Cancelled Trains,” “Diverted Trains,” and “Rescheduled Trains.” You can also save schedules of trains you are interested in by using the “Manage Favourites” option.